Auditions for a well-known gangster musical by 2nd Star Productions at the Bowie Playhouse, Jan 18 & 19
Auditions for To Be Announced (a well-known musical about gangsters in New York) by 2nd Star Productions at the Bowie Playhouse.
Announcing Auditions for
Our TBA Summer Musical
About Gamblers and Girlfriends in NYC!!!!
Dates: Monday, January 18 & Tuesday, January 19 at 7:00 PM, with Callbacks on Wednesday, January 20 at 7:00 PM
Location: The Bowie Playhouse in Bowie, MD (16500 Whitemarsh Park Dr, Bowie, MD 20715)
Production Dates: May 27-June 25, 2016, Fridays through Sundays
Directed by Debbie Barber-Eaton
Choreographed by Andrew Gordon
We welcome non-traditional casting – all roles are open to all races and ethnic diversities! Auditioners must be at least 16 years old. More information on roles on our auditions page.
Unfortunately, we can’t announce the name of the show until February due to rights restrictions, but you know and love this blockbuster Broadway musical about Gamblers and their Girlfriends in NYC! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at 2ndStarBowie@gmail.com.
Rehearsals will be held on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays beginning on Saturday, March 5, with the exception of the final two weeks of Tech, for which all will be called nearly every night of the week.
If you are auditioning:
* If you have one, bring a theatrical resume and a headshot (professional quality not necessary) or recent face picture for the casting team.
* Bring a written list of any and all remotely possible conflicts that you have or may have between March 5 and June 25.
* Prepare 2 contrasting vocal pieces, 16-32 bars in length, that show vocal and acting range and provide sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided. No a cappella singing or recorded accompaniment will be permitted. Please note that you may be interrupted with a “Thank you,” and/or you may not be singing both of your pieces.
* Come prepared to learn a short dance combination with clothes and shoes you can comfortably and safely move in. Ladies, please bring tap shoes, if you have them.
* Please note that candidates who are invited to Callbacks will be asked to read from the script and/or sing a selection from the score. It is strongly suggested that you familiarize yourself with the script and the score. Preparation is essential to a strong audition.
For more information and a list of characters to be cast, click here.